Monday 11 August 2014

A Big Change For The Big Day

That's right - we are finally getting married! I have 339 days to go and it's becoming a little scary. I have now decided the time is right to lose as much weight as I can before the big day, so that means I need to change the way I think about food, and more importantly, portion control. So, I started last night by trying having a nice full side plate for my supper and you know what? I felt full after I cleaned my plate. I had the munchies a couple of hours later, but the full feeling is progress. It will take time for my stomach to shrink back down to size and enable me to reduce my portions without the feeling of utter starvation.


As for the type of foods to eat, I'm no longer using the fryer apart from a wee treat now and then. Instead, I'm going to brave the spider in the garage and get the steamer out of hibernation. I need to cut out the unhealthy fats and oils, and replace with lighter cooking sprays and rapeseed oil for the special meals. Lean meat will replace fatty cuts, and I'll be doing a lot more cooking at home.


Naturally, I'm going to start adding exercise into my daily routine, including using our home weights bench thing that was bought and has never been used yet. I plan on building up my joints using that, and also doing some general exercise using my Slim in 6 DVDs which should start to make a huge difference as well. I'm looking forward to being more active. Everything hurts after just dancing for a while this weekend, which is totally rubbish. Thoroughly enjoyable though.


I have also decided to start cutting back on the crisps, chocolate and other rubbish I occasionally eat. So far, I've been able to stop taking sugar in tea and coffee (mainly), and if I drink anything fizzy, it's sugar free (apart from coke. Ain't nobody got time for the sugar free rubbish!). If I can just get my hefty arse moving, that would do the trick. I'd hope to be a lot stronger by the wedding so that I can support my glass of wine ALL night long, and not have to put it down. Forward planning.


So the whole purpose of this blog: what the hell am I going to cook, that feels and tastes as good as it's full fat version? I'm definitely thinking of steamed chicken and salmon, beef stir fry, chilli con carne, spaghetti Bolognese, mixed veg noodles, and other healthy, satisfying meals. But other than that, I'm not feeling very inspired.


If you have a suggestion on how to get healthy or any good recipes, please leave a comment for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment